If you want your ex-boyfriend back, you’re probably looking for any sign of hope that he may still be interested. If his words seem ambiguous, look to his body language. Actions speak louder than words, so if you notice these signs when you talk with him, your ex probably doesn’t want you back.
- He won’t make eye contact. It’s been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. If your ex makes minimal eye contact with you, he may be uncomfortable talking with you or afraid he’ll lead you on if he acts overly friendly. Lack of eye contact demonstrates a lack of confidence – that your ex may be nervous around you or not prepared to talk with you.
- He keeps his arms or legs crossed. Crossed arms or legs are a sign that someone is defending themselves or hiding something (provided they aren’t cold). If he’s uncomfortable talking with you or feels you are trying to persuade him to do something he doesn’t want to do, or he still has negative feelings towards you due to your breakup, he may not be ready to talk with you.
- He keeps conversations brief. If you try to talk with him and he keeps his answers concise and without emotion, he’s not interested. Guys who are interested will find any opportunity they can find to talk with you.
- He fidgets, taps his fingers or plays with an item. Fidgeting and tapping fingers are signs of nervous gestures. Perhaps he disagrees with what you are saying or feels awkward talking with you.
- He forces a smile. If you’ve dated your ex for any length of time, you can probably tell when he’s genuinely smiling and when he’s just trying to be polite. If he gives you a closed-lips smile or looks tense, he’s not interested.
If your ex seems curt, rigid, or uncomfortable around you, he’s probably not interested in reconciling. Give him some time and space. You can’t force your ex to like you, want you back, or even want to be friends with you. The best thing you can do is be polite and friendly if you see him but move on with your life.